Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
--On Friday, September 17, 2004 1:07 PM -0400 Garrett Rooney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Could someone please take a look at bug 31228 in bugzilla?

It's just adding a new response code (226) which is defined in rfc3229.

I'm working on a module that implements a type of rfc3229 delta encoding,
and it'd be nice if people didn't have to apply a patch to Apache in order
to use it.

FWIW, I looked at it the other night and I'm mildly iffy on adding it.

Any particular reason? It seems like providing support for the response code specified in the RFC would only help encourage people to actually implement support for it in Apache, which seems like a good thing to me...

However, I believe you can do the following instead at the end of your handler:

r->status_line = "IM Used";
return 226;

So, you shouldn't *need* a patch. HTH. -- justin

Well, I'm not actually writing a handler, I'm writing a filter, so I don't seem to have a place to do a "return 226", at least not as far as I can tell (It is always possible that I'm missunderstanding things though, I have little experience writing such things). Setting status_line to "IM Used" doesn't seem to do quite what I'd expect either (setting r->status = 226 and r->status_line = "IM Used" just caused my response to be sent back chunked, no clue why). Setting r->status_line to "226 IM Used" does seem to do what I want though, so for now I'm doing that.

Thanks,

-garrett