On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 12:58:48AM +0100, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Luc Pardon wrote:
>
> The usual fate of patches in bugzilla is that, even if they are
> appropriate for inclusion, they need a committer to take sufficient
> interest to review and incorporate them.  A chronic shortage of round
> tuits means this is rather hit-and-miss.

Quite true and quite the cause of consternation to those of us
lurkers out here eager to help if offered the opportunity ...

> >    One more thing: I became aware that the "flexible interface for
> > mod_log_config" patch (# 25014) also allows conditioning on status
> > code(s), and there are three other contributed patches against
> > mod_log_config waiting for a decision (# 28037, 29449 and 31311). I am
> > willing to ensure compatibility with any or all of them if desired.
>
> If you can fix a whole bunch of related bugs on bugzilla without your
> patch becoming big and complex, that adds value but still doesn't
> guarantee anything.
>
> Ask yourself: is your code sufficiently different to anything we already
> have to merit releasing separately as a third-party module?  If yes, then
> do that.  If no, then it's probably appropriate to offer a patch.
> My guess would be no.

What are the general requirements to getting a patch or module
included in the contrib/ directory?  And on that topic, what
happened to http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/contrib/ ?

Thanks!
Glenn