>At 06:12 PM 9/28/2004, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>>   I wouldn't consider posting the patch if there was going to be
>>another release in a week and a half, but that usually isn't the
case
>>and a patch for an experimental module usually isn't reason enough
>>roll another release.  Past history shows that it usually takes a
>>serious vulnerability to warrant the turnaround we saw with 2.0.52.
>
>No, it just takes someone motivated.  I hated the thought of 2.0.51
>sitting around so I did something about it :)

It takes a little more than just motivation, it also takes a need and
consensus.  To all those using auth_ldap and util_ldap, this patch is
very import.  To the rest, they don't really care so another release
within 3 weeks is just a pain.  All I really want to do is release a
patch to make life easier for those that care and want to move forward
with ldap, not cause a headache for the majority that don't.  I really
doubt I am going to get 3 +1's in favor of rolling a release all for a
patch to an experimental module.

Quoting the download page:

"Official Patches
When we have patches to a minor bug or two, or features which we
haven't yet included in a new release, we will put them in the patches
subdirectory so people can get access to it before we roll another
complete release."

All this is, is a patch to fix a bug which hasn't been included in a
new release yet so people can get access to it, it doesn't warrant a new
release.  It's not that big of an issue.

Brad