André Malo wrote:
* Sander Striker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm finally taking care of the conversion of httpd-* to SVN.
I'll follow up with instructions on how to pull new workingcopies,
etc etc.  I'm looking for volunteers to actually write a page
for developers on where to get SVN and how to check out the
sources from the SVN repository.

In case that nobody has already thought about it: Does it sound like a good
idea, to use svn:externals to retrieve the proper apr(-util) versions?

There are a number of reasons not to do that, ranging from the fact that svn:externals doesn't deal well with accessing the repository from multiple different urls (i.e. http:// and https:// in this case) to the fact that people aren't always going to want to build with an in-tree copy of apr and apr-util, using svn:externals would force them to do so.

-garrett