I'm sure that last thing that you want to hear is another complaint
after all of the work you have gone to, but I'm not sure just listing
directories is a better compromise.  At least before I could see the
difference between CHANGES and STATUS, now I just see "trunk" which
could be any one of a number of files.  Not all of which I am interested
in.  Personally I would opt for file listings rather than directory
listings to keep the subject line shorter and more informative.  I also
don't need to see "svn commit: rxxxx" at the front of every message.  I
already know it is an SVN commit based on the mailing list it came from.
 And if I am really interested in the revision number, I'm sure I can
get that from the message content.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

Brad

>>> Justin Erenkrantz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Friday, November 19, 2004
12:12:39 PM >>>
--On Friday, November 19, 2004 11:11 AM -0700 Brad Nicholes
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>    Now that we have converted to SVN, why doesn't the subject line
> include the file that is being changed in the commit message?  This
> makes it harder to prioritize patches that need to be reviewed.

Our CVS mailer only showed the last directory (with files) that was
committed - so subject lines were *always* inaccurate when touching
multiple directories.  The SVN mailer always shows all directories that

were modified.  I think that's a far better compromise.  Plus, we've
received a number of complaints that the subject lines were too long to
be
useful: hence just the directory names.  *shrug*  -- justin