At 05:39 PM 11/23/2004, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>There are some files that have content that have nothing to do with their
>name.  And that annoys me to no end.  Since we're now using a version control
>system that supports renames (oh yay!), any support for refactoring some files?
>
>My preliminary hit list contains:
>
>server/core.c: the core_input/output_filter->modules/filters/core.c *or*
>                                            server/core_filters.c
>              (server/core.c is 150k.  Yikes!)\

Sounds like multiple files to me.  Some of those are tied with...

>server/request.c:
>ap_directory_walk/ap_location_walk/ap_file_walk->server/walk.c

leave location_walk - it has NOTHING to do with files.

The directory/file walk corresponds to the core output filter.

Is it time to create

modules/
  storage/
    filesystem/
    [sql/]
    [zip/]

etc for different storage managers?

Any walks.c / handler.c / etc would be associated to one specific
backend manager.

>modules/http/http_protocol.c: ap_http_filter->modules/http/http_filter.c

yup

>ap_http_header_filter->modules/http/http_filter.c

hmmm.  Do we want to?  or do we want to combine into one source?

>ap_byterange_filter->modules/http/byterange_filter.c

urp.  I'm not 100% certain we want the byterange filter in the
same context as the http protocol.  Would be -so- nice to abstract
this so it was generic to potentially multiple protocols which all
needed support for partial results by range.

>modules/http/http_core.c: chunk_filter->modules/http/chunk_filter.c

Chunking - most http.  Good call.

Bill