On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 03:39:33PM -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Sunday, November 28, 2004 3:36 PM -0800 Brian Pane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >Meanwhile, now that we have the latest release of PCRE in httpd-2.1, one
> >option would help somewhat would be to backport it into httpd-2.0.
>
> I doubt we'd be able to maintain binary compatibility if we did that.  So,
> I'd strongly urge that we don't touch PCRE in 2.0.x.  -- justin

Is this (binary compatibility) really a policy?  The problem right now
is that people are asking to run my software on Apache 2, and I cannot
offer that because my software links with the system PCRE via an
external library dependency.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones.  http://www.annexia.org/  http://www.j-london.com/