Enrico Weigelt wrote:
<snip>
I dont count the days of autoconf-trouble anylonger - i'm counting
the days when autoconfs really works, there're just a few.

I've written down some concepts for an universal crossplatform compiling/building toolkit, which also supports crosscompiling and
sysroot'ing as fundamental concepts and abstracts from platform or toolchain specific stuff (ie. universal parameter set for common
things like compiler options, pathes, etc, etc).

I really cant understand why it seems that I'm the first one really
working on that ...

You aren't. I agree auto* sucks, but there isn't a viable alternative that works today. We are the httpd server project, not the autoconf replacement project.

-Paul