* André Malo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>
> > With this mentality we will never get something better.
> > Such software doesnt simply fall from the heaven.
>
> Sure. We get a better httpd.
Yes, of course.

Software doesn't get built from source by magic. Either people
to this completely by hand or we have a good buildsystem which
does this automatically.

For me as a distributor/firmware vendor and maintainer of hundreds
of different systems, it is absolutely important that the build
process is *reliable* - without manual interaction. Tons of features
are quite uninteresting. And they're almost irrelevant if the
principle things are unreliable.
Autoconf is not able to provide this.

So such an buildsystem *will* make apache httpd better, and thousands
of other projects currently still hacking w/ autoconf too.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481