Leif W wrote:

> My only concern is, if some people solved the puzzle externally, then
> are there barriers which prevent them from getting the code committed?
>
> The Metux web pages (official and unofficial) seem to be works in
> progress.  There is a quote which indicates that at least the guy
> running the unofficial site would like to see this in Apache some day.

The ASF doesn't suffer from the "not coded here" mentality. Many of our
successful projects and codebases have originally started life elsewhere.

As far as I know, even though internal (to the ASF) development of
perchild "languished", we did accept patches, etc. So if anyone
had wanted to continue working on it, they could have done what
countless other developers have done and submitted patches, etc...
That's the start towards getting ASF commit privs, becoming a
contributor, a PMC member and an ASF member.

If Metux would like to donate the code to the ASF, then
incubator.apache.org would be a good link to check out
first.
   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [|]   http://www.jaguNET.com/
    "There 10 types of people: those who read binary and everyone else."