At 11:54 AM 3/5/2005, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>--On Friday, March 4, 2005 12:42 PM -0600 "William A. Rowe, Jr." <[EMAIL
>PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Or is a provider File, DBM, LDAP?
>
>Yes. [...] obviously, you're not with me here.  =)  -- justin

Ok, as Justin and I are in significant disagreement ... to summarize;

we (collectively) would like to see some mechanism for multiple
configurations of the same 'provider' (defined above).  There are
logically three places this can happen, so as a straw poll, would
those interested in *coding* auth schemas please vote (end users,
our choice will be transparent enough to you that we prefer the
developers to indicate their preferences.)

[ ] Implement in each provider (e.g. mod_authnz_ldap, mod_authn_file)
    Different <AuthLdapConfig xxx> <AuthFileConfig zzz> sections

[ ] Implement in each scheme (e.g. basic, digest)
    Different <AuthBasicConfig xxx> <AuthDigestConfig zzz> sections

[ ] Implement globally across schemes and providers
    Single <AuthConfig xxx> directive, but as it's not in the scheme
    which iterates the providers, control isn't as fine-grained.

Please comment.

Bill