At 11:23 AM 3/18/2005, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
I absolutely refuse to punish users who are using good OSes because some OSes are brain-dead. This is exactly the role that APR is meant to fill

Feel free to advocate Linux always returning APR_ENOTIMPL for sendfile - I don't care. However, blocking sendfile on non-buggy OSes is not a solution that I am willing to sign off on. -- justin

Isn't this about a change to not enable sendfile in the default HTTPd config, not a change to APR to disable sendfile? In that case, this won't affect existing HTTPd users, because they already have it enabled in their config, and the default config never replaces an existing config.