Roy T. Fielding wrote:
On Jun 28, 2005, at 4:20 PM, Paul Querna wrote:

So, to accommodate this, we would need a mod_smtpd space in subversion and a [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list.

-1.  The point of SoC is to get more people involved in open
source projects, not to encourage the ASF to accept
non-collaborative code bases in exchange for a bit of cash.
Use the main dev list and encourage the students to participate
in the larger project as well as the specific one.

....Roy

and where do we put the code?

we've got another SoC project in the same spot.
httpd-bandwidth-limit. (one to limit DoS/bandwidth hogs)

Roy.. are you recommending we put both modules in the experimental area?