Jim Jagielski wrote:
Now that Covalent has released it's ERS 3.0 distribution, mod_ftp is now
officially offered for donation/incubation/graduation to the ASF.

mod_ftp (previously Covalent FTP) is an Apache 2.0 Protocol Module which
implements FTP (RFCs 959, 1123, 2228, 2389), including such features
as FTP over SSL, jailing logged-in users, extended logging, firewall
awareness and limiting logins. As Covalent FTP, it has been used by
numerous well-known F500 companies, and is such a real-world
protocol module, and not simply an academic exercise (this is not
a comment on any other protocol modules in existence, but a statement
to ensure that the module has been used and tested in real-world
environments by major clients).

The entire code-base, including Perl test scripts for inclusion in httpd-test, is available and ready for donation into the ASF svn repos.

Is there anything left for the community to work on?  Or rather, do you
think there is enough to do to attract a few (new) developers?

Assuming the answer is yes:

I therefore Call A Vote on whether we should support mod_ftp for
inclusion into the Incubator and if we should accept mod_ftp upon
graduation from the Incubator.

+1.

Sander