On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 09:00:31PM +1000, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> I guess the question I have is whether it is worthwhile supporting
> "HEAD" in the first place with mod_python.publisher? What does one
> actually gain, especially when it will not strictly work in all
> situations?

The RFC specifies that HEAD should return the headers as does GET.

I have summarized the details in:

HEAD not working causes problems for example when some versions of Firefox
use HEAD to check if the file has changed when saving a document that is
currently open.

I personally would prefer if this worked properly at least on the most
common cases. It is a really difficult error to trace (by adminstrators)
when the browser suddenly claims that the currently open
mod_python-generated document can not be saved because it does not exist.