--On October 11, 2005 1:24:22 PM -0400 Joshua Slive <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As has been pointed out, this is a trade off.  You can get real
protection at the cost of losing the ability to find real email
addresses.  Or you can get protection that will work against 95% or more
of current web-robots and worms with a simple but reversible obfiscation.
I favor the latter, but mod_mbox currently provides only the former.

Well, mod_mbox does have the feature (even though I disagree with it).

Although I agree with Justin in principle, the fact is that we are one of
a very small number of major archives that provide unobfiscated email
addresses.  As such, we are a major draw for worms and address
harvesters.  Is this really an area where we want to stand out?

We're not lemmings: we don't have to follow what others do. I got spam well before we ever had public web archives hosted on apache.org... -- justin