On Nov 4, 2005, at 10:56 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

It leaves us wondering; how can allow from/deny from n.n.n.n be mapped to RFC 2616 semantics, or at least, without running the many server hooks on later requests? The only way I can see, is that we should have any more explicit allow from/deny from leave a marker in the request record from that authorization phase, and mark it nocache if the request doesn't otherwise
set the authentication required headers.

Cache-control: private

is what should be added for any resource under access control.

....Roy