>>> On 11/28/2005 at 8:49:00 am, in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 08:33:14AM -0700, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>> other AuthXXXProvider that may come along in the future.  Does
anybody
>> see a need to keep AuthType around at all under the new
authentication
>> architecture?
>
> One of the goals of the AAA rewrite was to be directive-backwards
> compatible with 2.0's AAA.
>
> We can be compatible for 2.2 and remove it for 2.4 and beyond; but I
don't
> know if that's really worth it or not.  All things considered, my
choice
> would be to maintain that until we bump the major: i.e. 3.0.  --
justin

   I didn't anticipate any of this making it into 2.2 anyway and the
soonest would be 2.4.  The AuthType directive could remain for backwards
compatibility although it would probably do nothing.  Maybe even produce
a message in the error log stating that it has been deprecate in favor
of the AuthxxxProvider directives.  Then in 3.0, it could be removed
completely.

Brad