#2 would be in the release notes.

I don't think anyone has said we wouldn't note it.  If someone figures out
the necessary bits to twiddle by the time we make an announcement, we can
stick it in the 'patches_to_apply' directory too.  But, removing it from
the feature list because it doesn't work on one platform out of many
doesn't sit well with me.  (And, it's not even in the default build for
that platform anyway!)  -- justin