On Dec 7, 2005, at 8:44 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VIS wrote:
Nope, that's the flag we set when we want the core to drop
the connection. I thought that it would be set by the filters
when a connection was dropped, but, as I said earlier in this
thread, I'm wrong.  The filters will never ever set it.  -- justin

Ok. Then I withdraw my objections against the setting of c->aborted.
I just understood its purpose wrong. Thanks for clarification.

No, you understood its purpose correctly.  I have no idea what Justin
is talking about -- maybe the proxy's connection to the outbound server?
c->aborted is only set on the inbound connection when a previous write
to that connection has failed.

Setting the inbound c->aborted within a filter just to indicate
that the outbound connection has died is wrong -- it prevents
other parts of the server (that are working fine) from correctly
handling the bad gateway response.

-1 VETO

Find another solution before the next release.  I have no objection
to such a workaround as a patch, but we don't introduce new spaghetti
code just to fix a trivial problem.

....Roy