On Dec 8, 2005, at 11:13 PM, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

I would extend the EOS bucket data to be an errno and then have
mod_cache check for that data != 0 when it does its EOS check.

For httpd's filters, an EOS bucket data doesn't attempt a close of the stream: in fact, EOS doesn't do anything to the socket. By the time we start writing the body, all of the filters that know HTTP are long gone. (The only thing that might be left is a chunking output filter.) Plus, with apr's bucket types, there is no mechanism to associate that type of
error condition.

No, but we can graft it onto the currently unused EOS bucket data.

Hmmm... or use the error bucket type, with some intelligent
checking at the correct time.