I believe mod_jk added an explicit "flush" option rather than reverting the default to flushing -- as I believe we suddenly had to add this after our application stopped behaving properly and traced this issue back.

--
Jess Holle

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Ruediger Pluem wrote:
OTH I guess we still have to convince some people to switch from mod_jk
to mod_proxy_ajp. So I guess having a similar behaviour in mod_proxy_ajp
as in mod_jk will ease this. Default for mod_jk is: No flushing.

Then I'm confused, I thought this was reverted in the current mod_jk code
to avoid exactly this problem. Default switched to flush, with the option
of no flushing, after many people tripped over this 'bug' in mod_jk.

Bill