On 3/15/06, Brad Nicholes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think you are right.  I am going to take a closer look at that code
> and see about fixing both the mutex problem and the use of the config
> pool.  This could actually explain some funny things that I have been
> seeing on the NetWare build lately.

Something else to make sure is resolved by any fixes:

Forget the race condition initializing the mutex for a sec...

That is really one pool globally but there is a mutex per server_rec.
So a thread handling a request for one vhost grabs the mutex and uses
the pool but that doesn't protect from a thread handling a request for
a different vhost which grabs a different mutex supposedly protecting
the same pool.