Paul Querna wrote:
> I guess one of the reasons why mod_cache_requestor did not take off was its
 > dependency on an external http client library. So what about creating
> a http client library and adding it to apr-util / creating apr-http-client

*cough* serf *cough*

http://svn.webdav.org/repos/projects/serf/trunk

Curl is a wonderfully complete and functional http (and other) client with a very good API. (Yes, I have participated in libcurl a little bit).

We actually wrote a proxy that uses libcurl as the http client. We used it until 2.2.0 came out. Then again after we found all the mod_proxy bugs...

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer