On 5/1/06, Greg Ames <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jeff Trawick wrote:

after more thought, there is a simpler patch that should do the job.  the key
to both of
these is how threads in SERVER_DEAD state with a pid in the scoreboard are
treated.  this
means that p_i_s_m forked on a previous timer pop but some thread never made it
into
SERVER_STARTING state.

the difference:  this patch just counts those potential threads as idle, and
allows
MinSpareThreads worth of processes to be forked before putting on the brakes.
the
previous patch pauses the forking immediately when the strange situation is
detected but
requires more code and a new variable.

new patch is fine with me; I think we've lost our other interested
parties on this thread anyway ;)