On 5/2/06, Brian Akins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Gonzalo Arana wrote:
> A more suitable design for this task I think would be to make each
> process to have a special purpose: cache maintenance (purging expired
> entries, purging entries to make room for new ones, creating new
> entries, and so on), request processing (network/disk I/O, content
> filtering, and so on), or what ever.

In my experience, this always sounds good in theory, but just doesn't
ever work in the real world.  The event mpm is "sorta" a step in that
direction, but seems to keep the balance pretty good.

What problems have you seen with this approach?  postfix uses this
architecture, for instance.

Excuse my ignorance, what does "event mpm ... keep the balance very good" mean?

--
Gonzalo A. Arana