Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 12:26:23PM -0700, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Pretty darned quiet - either "it's summer" or nobody feels like
>> joining the fray when Roy and Will go at it?
>
> Well, Paul's talk in San Diego got me thinking. We're not really "just"
> about HTTP any more, it's a misnomer. We're about delivering information
> using many different protocols accross the internet. I don't know,
> something like Internet Information Server just seems more appropriate
> somehow.

LOL :)  Well as I said; focus is on the name of what's /repos/asf/httpd/httpd
today.  Granted, "d" might be a bit too general, but I agree with everyone
who's said that the 'next release' aught to get a broader name than just
plain old Apache HTTP Server.  Apache ++HTTP Server?  Apache Scheme[] Server?
Some wordplay with MPM (since that's by far the distinguishing characteristic
of today's httpd over all previous ones, and colors the implementation of any
protocol that's compiled into the server.)

Apache Empeem Server?