On 12/5/06, Ruediger Pluem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 12/05/2006 07:16 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2006, at 7:23 AM, Joe Orton wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 06:39:30AM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>
>>> A lot of opinions were offered back in August.  Some were negative  but
>>> I don't see anything that looks like a veto.
>>>
>>> (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200608.mbox/%
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED])
>>>
>>> A concern with the logging of server version has since been resolved,
>>> but implementation of the original feature died.  Before Sebastian
>>> Nohn's patch is revised to fit in with the subsequent changes, I'd
>>> like to confirm that nobody has a strong (veto) objection to the
>>> feature, and that those in favor clearly out number those against.
>>

>> +1.  Should be documented as "a bad idea" as Joshua notes in that
>> thread.
>>

> +1 (with that condition)

+1 provided the condition above is true.

What is the latest patch that should be applied?

I'm pretty darn sure there is no latest ServerTokens Off patch to
apply, because it needs to be reworked slightly to work with the
patch/commit you refer to below.

I just did a quick review of

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=18775

and I think we should use the "long" version (aka ap_get_server_description())
in the output of mod_status and mod_info instead the possibly turned off version
ap_get_server_description()

better to review this commit:

or for 2.2.x

which does what you want.

Maybe I was confused earlier ;)  "Reviewed by: rpluem, jim"

Thanks...