On 2/2/07, Brian Akins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a need to write a generic way to integrate  apr_memcache into httpd.
Basically, I have several otehr modules taht use memcached as backend and want
to combine the "boring" stuff into a central place, ie configuration, stats,
etc.  We talked a little on list about this a few months ago, but noone ever did
anything.   Is anyone else interested in this?  Has anyone did this?

Basically I was thinking there would be a single funtion:

apr_status_t ap_memcache_client(apr_memcache_t **mc)

which would simply give the "user" an client to use with normal apr_memcache
functions.  The module could create the underlying mc at post_config.

Basically, mod_memcache could have this config:

MemCacheServer memcache1.turner.com:9020 min=8 smax=16 max=64 ttl=5
MemCacheServer memcache4.turner.com:9020 min=8 smax=16 max=64 ttl=5
MemCacheServer memcache10.turner.com:9020 min=8 smax=16 max=64 ttl=5

or whatever.  This would end the config duplication between various modules.
This module could also add memcache stats to /server-status

Comments?

Seems useful to me.

-garrett