On 02/06/2007 12:06 AM, Joe Orton wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 09:26:25PM +0100, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

>>Or do we need no bump at all as we currently do not install
>>mod_cache.h in the includes directory and thus all things defined in
>>mod_cache.h can be considered private?
>

> I vote definitely "no bump".  If the header is not installed by "make
> install" it is by definition a private interface, and not part of the
> public API/ABI.  So no need to worry about MMN bumps, nor maintaining
> backwards compat for 2.2.x, etc.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I got confused by myself as I did a minor bump
about
a year ago in r370101 for adding further fields to the cache_server_conf struct
defined in mod_cache.h.
As 3rd parties might want to use the provider interface to provide their own
storage
providers it might be worth discussing if we *should* make this a public API
and should
install it via "make install".

Regards

RĂ¼diger