On 2/20/07, steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is Apache considering including a FastCGI module? Apache includes a
CGI module, but not FastCGI. And the FastCGI module that is available
does not compile with Apache 2.2 (yes, I know the ways around that).
One of the advantages of Lighttpd is that it has built-in support for
FastCGI, including load balancing, and its simple configuration.

As FastCGI is necessary for our setup, and Apache 2.2 doesn't support
it without both an abandoned third party module and a fourth-party
patch, one can imagine how the higher-ups take issue with the setup.

The trunk version of httpd comes with mod_proxy_fcgi, which does
provide some level of FastCGI support.

-garrett