On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Vinay Y S wrote:

On 3/9/07, Joe Schaefer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    flag = APR_CREATE | APR_READ | APR_WRITE | APR_EXCL | APR_BINARY;
    /* Win32 needs the following to remove temp files.
     * XXX: figure out why the APR_SHARELOCK flag works;
     * a grep through the httpd sources seems to indicate
     * it's only used in sdbm files??
    */
#ifdef WIN32
    flag |= APR_FILE_NOCLEANUP | APR_SHARELOCK;
#endif
    rc = apr_file_mktemp(fp, tmpl, flag, pool);

Randy, do you know why we use the APR_FILE_NOCLEANUP flag?  Maybe
we should just remove that and see if it fixes the problem Vinay
is seeing.

Yes, removing APR_FILE_NOCLEANUP does exactly the same thing as my
patch. Rather, we can remove the whole #ifdef WIN32 as APR_SHARELOCK
isn't used for anything in file_io on win32 today.

I'll have to look at this - there's a discussion at
of why this was introduced. I remember that this was
a frustrating issue, as something that worked on one
system in removing temp files didn't work on another
(at least between Steve and myself). What was committed
seemed to work "most" of the time for "most" systems,
at least at that time.

--
best regards,
Randy