On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:07:49 +0100
Frank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just wanted to add my two cents worth...
>
> We are using mod_line_edit a lot and would like to see a similar
> functionality coming with Apache by default. :-)

Sounds like a vote.

> When I am correct mod_line_edit has the 'wrong' license model for
> being included into Apache by default.

Indeed.  When my modules have been integrated into the standard
distribution in the past, they've moved to the Apache license.
It's not a problem when there's a good reason for it.

> Just for your infomation: There are more modules having a similar
> functionality:

Interesting!

> http://mod-replace.sourceforge.net/

That one's genuinely interesting.  Looks like an alternative
reverse-proxy solution, combining filtering with the mod_proxy cookie
rewriting that was missing in 2.0.  But it buffers an entire response
in memory, which limits its usefulness.

> http://yomi.2288.org/forum/ftopic22.html (given by
> http://modules.apache.org/search?id=857)

My chinese isn't up to finding a download link there!

> http://happygiraffe.net/mod_sed.html (VERY old)

No thank you:-)

> All modules are missing a feature we would like to see: Like in
> mod_rewrite's RewriteMap it would be cool to specify a function being
> called on the argument while replacing. E.g.:
>
> RewriteBodyLine 'http://(.*?)/(.*)/(.*)'
> 'http://${LOWERCASE:$1}/${MD5:$2}/$3'

This kind of feature is on the to-do list, amongst some
hacks-in-progress that have yet to reach the mod_line_edit site.
This is actually what alarms me somewhat about the prospect of
a different but near-identical module in /trunk/: it leaves me
either abandoning or redoing some of this stuff.

> P.S.: And I vote for a better name like 'mod_filter_pcre' ...

But it isn't.  It offers string as well as regex matching!

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/