On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:32:13 +0000
Joe Orton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 1) the filtering logic is broken and will consume RAM proportional to
> response size.

I must've missed that when I looked.  I thought it used the
same logic as mod_line_edit, which is very careful about that.

Oh, I guess you mean the copying to get a null-terminated string
when applying a regexp?  And I see it's repeated for every regexp
(ouch)!  mod_line_edit uses a local pool which is cleared at the
end of each brigade, and avoids multiple copies of the same buffer.

> 2) 200-line functions are hard to read :)

mod_line_edit does the same there, but that's definitely being split
(not least so that the actual search-and-replace function can be
re-used in a companion input filter).  And given that it's unusually
well-commented and half of it features as example code in my book,
I don't think it's hard to read:-)

> Nick, are you actually planning to submit mod_line_edit for inclusion
> in the tree?

The subject hasn't arisen until this thread (which caught me rather
off-balance), but I'll be happy to include it if there's demand.

As I hinted, there are some enhancements in the pipeline.
If it goes in to trunk, a roadmap would probably be in order.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/