On 05/18/2007 01:26 AM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 5/17/07, Niklas Edmundsson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Has there been any progress on PR41230? I submitted a patch that at
>> least seems to improve the situation that now seems to have seen some
>> testing by others as well.
>>
>> As I have stated before, it would be really nice if a fix for this
>> could be committed, be it my patch or some other solution.
>

> (It'd be helpful if you posted the patch here instead of forcing us to
> go to Bugzilla...)

He has a while ago :-):

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200704.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Anyway, the core of the patch is okay - but what's the deal with the
> rv = !OK line?  I don't see how or why that's necessary as rv is
> already initialized to that.
>
> I'd tweak it to be as follows for readability though.  If this still
> fixes your problem, I can commit and propose for backport.  Thanks!

It (meaning your and his patch) does not fix it in all cases IMO. See

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-dev/200704.mbox/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

why. Also the entity is not physically removed from the cache if it is really
stale.
This does not matter in the non HEAD case as it gets overwritten by the fresh
response,
but in the HEAD case it should be physically removed IMO.

Anyway, thanks for removing this rv = !OK stuff.

Regards

RĂ¼diger