On May 21, 2007, at 5:30 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

On 05/21/2007 02:44 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

The logic should be:

   1. If a per-worker value is set, use that.
   2. If not, then if a ProxyTimeout value is set, use that.
   3. Otherwise, use Timeout

+1 on fixing that :)

This sounds sane and I plan to do this, but what about the original question? Do I get you right that you propose to adjust the documentation for ProxyTimeout? The current behaviour of ProxyTimeout is to fall back to Timeout if no ProxyTimeout is set. The documented behaviour is to have a default value of 300 secs if there is no ProxyTimeout set (regardless of the setting of Timeout, which also defaults
to 300).

I think that the above logic makes the most sense and that
the code and the docs should be adjusted to match the
logic :) :)