> >apxs accepts only *.c files as its input. For other extensions it
> >doesn't invoke libtool in compile mode and several different issues
> >leading to empty Apache module creation. The most probably reason is
> >poor regex design.
> This kind of invocation: $ apxs -cia mod_cpp.cpp other.C
>
> Seems to behave better w/ the patch below:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~covener/apxs-cpp.diff
It's not portable to assume that $CC can compile anything other than C.
It is because you can set CC to an arbitrary value.

I'm not sure it's worth the complexity; it's already possible to pass
.o/.lo to apxs (right?) so third-party modules can deal with the
compilation step of non-C code.
Well, the point is to extend apxs so it'll be able to compile and link
efficiently.
Kind regards.