On Sep 18, 2007, at 6:46 PM, Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group wrote:
This works "as designed". Please see the difference between the accept headers sent by
IE6 and Firefox

IE6    : Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Firefox: Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

IE6 adds an additional space between gzip and deflate.
As the response varies on Accept-Encoding two representations of the response get saved
(which are actually the same).
It could be argued that this should not matter.

Argued?  The space does not change the value of the field (which is
a comma-separated list).  The question is really up to us as to how
much effort we make to compare the values for equality, since the
non-match just makes our cache slow and bulky.  Given the number
of those browsers, we should special-case this comparison.

....Roy