Hello,

* Fernando - Dfcom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [20070918 22:06]:
> In RFC 2616 I found:
>
> An HTTP/1.1 server SHOULD include a Vary header field with any
>   cacheable response that is subject to server-driven negotiation
>
> I don't know if removing Vary header is rfc-compliant, but resolves the
> problem.
>
> What do you think about?

I think stripping the Vary header would be terribly wrong, and apache
should follow RFC 2616 13.6 more thoroughly, i.e.:

"The selecting request-headers from two requests are defined to match if
and only if the selecting request-headers in the first request can be
transformed to the selecting request-headers in the second request by
adding or removing linear white space (LWS) at places where this is
allowed by the corresponding BNF, and/or combining multiple
message-header fields with the same field name following the rules about
message headers in section 4.2."

so, the 'special case' for matching Roy recommends to introduce is
actually sanctioned by the RFC, if not even recommended/required by it.

my 2 cents,

   Andreas

--
flatline IT services - Andreas Kotes - Tailored solutions for your IT needs