On Sep 26, 2007, at 12:50 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Jim Jagielski wrote:
I'd like for us to consider a release of 2.2.7 in October
to address the Windows file handle issues as well
some other fixes that would be useful to get out quickly...

How about 2 :)

I expect to have Windows fixes ready to backport next week after
the perlfolk confirm my suggested fixes for pseudo-standard I/O :)

So it was my hope to release APR 1.2.12 quite quickly (no apr-util
expected but that doesn't mean it wouldn't see some improvements
that merit a release), and httpd 2.2.7 promptly.  I've been shrinking
patches to the minimum LoC to change/review/release and will commit
today.

I'd love to see another 2.2.8 with more bug fixes late in October
or very early November, so that it's the 'best version available'
and there would be very little push to make 2.2 better, but shift
a bunch of energy to getting somewhere towards 2.4.x or hacking on
the Amsterdam branch during our ApacheCon month.

Agreed. I see no problem with a 2.2.7 to address known
bugs and 2.2.8 to address the (currently) unknown ones :)