On 11/1/07 6:48 PM, "Ian Holsman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Akins, Brian wrote:
>> -1 from me (if that counts.)
>>
>> Using ProxyPass should be fine for 95% of the use cases??
>>
>> ProxyPass /cnn http://www.cnn.com/
>>
>> <!--#include virtual="/cnn/WORLD/index.html" -->
>>

> yes.
> if you:
> a. have a static small number of hosts
> b. those hosts don't change often
>
> if either of these 2 conditions aren't met, then proxypass is next to
> useless.

True. (You could manage with a decent config tool, however.)

Couldn't some creative rewrite rules do the same thing:

RewriteCond %{IS_SUBREQ} true
RewriteRule ^/proxy/(.*) http://$1 [P,L]

Note: not sure if that will actually work.

I just foresee horrible cross-site type "vulnerabilities" in this.

If it is configurable on/off, then I'm -0.

--
Brian Akins
Chief Operations Engineer