On Nov 26, 2007 4:28 PM, Roy T. Fielding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Generally speaking, if someone tells you to do something in IRC
> then it is almost certainly the wrong thing to do -- just like
> decisions made in boring meetings.

Philip said he never intended to commit it.

> The right thing to do, assuming you actually want this change to
> be done at some point in the near future, is just to apologize for
> the accident and *ask* if anyone objects to the change *here*.

I did indicate sending the email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] was the priority.  *shrug*

> In any case, if you have the itch to update trunk to the latest
> version of PCRE in workable form, then by all means go for it.
> That is, assuming you have time to test it with httpd first and
> make sure that it works on your system before committing.

Once we switched our code to supporting external PCREs, in my opinion,
we should have just dropped the whole vendor branch concept as it
serves no legitimate purpose any more.  If the PCRE guys are doing
releases now (it seems someone is home now), then we should just get
our changes merged upstream and stop having private copies of it.  --
justin