Hi Bill,
>    Any concerns with my new approach?
no real concerns - but personally I would prefer to have the load statements
inside each conf file;
also because for now we anyway distribute it separately, and once we have it
inside httpd then anyway things might go other ways - f.e. I till then merge my
separate awk script into the main one we use for all other confs...; also keep
in mind that normally I cant process the httpd.conf in use, nor install into a
running httpd place; I have to create distribution-like archives for NetWare;
expect 99.9% of the users use a binary distribution, and I think for Win32 it
might also 95+% probably...
If possible I would like to have that in for now which makes it easier to
replace  - I commented it so that it cant hurt elsewhere; but if you want to
remove then ok...

>    FYI - the example cwd module is really cheesy, really we don't need
> or want to build or install that by default.
ok.

how about other replacements to come closer to what we have in httpd.conf.in /
ssl.conf.in ?

f.e. s/\/logs\//\/@[EMAIL PROTECTED]//g and so on (path to certs etc.), and
quoting these also?

Guen.