On 12/27/2007 11:01 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Guenter Knauf wrote:
>> Hi Ruediger,
>>
>>> Hm. I see no backport proposal for this in the STATUS file for 2.0.x.
>>> For formal reasons please add one. I would be +1 as well.
>> sorry, but unfortunately that's not possible since 2.2.x and later do
>> not have this file any longer - so there's no real backport proposal
>> possible....
>> therefore I dont know how I should express the proposal ...?
>
> There's really no difference between STATUS, and on list discussion.
> The advantage to STATUS is reminding people to review over the long
> haul, the advantage to the list is collecting a quick three votes
> (when folks are paying attention).

The advantage of the STATUS file is that all voting is in one place
and it would be IMHO easier to follow voting decisions later on via
the svn hiistory.
But yes, you are correct. Formally adding to the STATUS file is not
required and getting three +1's on the list is the same (I forgot about
this).
As we have now three +1's (Guenther, you and me) we should not waste further
time with formal discussions (which I started :-)). So Guenther please go
ahead with committing to the 2.0.x branch.

Regards

RĂ¼diger