[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Author: fuankg
Date: Mon Dec 31 09:17:18 2007
New Revision: 607756

Log:
fixed comment, added comment, added logic to build mod_ssl by default if
USE_STDSOCKETS is defined.

I'm concerned with this commit; please revert.  Consider that to
protect those developers/users who are in jurisdictions with
strict laws regarding cryptography, mod_ssl is *never* built by
default, but requires some explicit user action (--with-ssl on
configure/unix, creation of a srclib/openssl tree/link or other
intentional build schema change on win32, etc) which deliberately
causes cryptography to be added to httpd.

USE_STDSOCKETS sounds to me like an otherwise very useful flag, and
doesn't give the user a hint that mod_ssl will be built.

Bill

+# To build with the mod_ssl module set the environment
+#  variable WITH_MOD_SSL=1
+
+# If USE_STDSOCKETS is defined we allways build mod_ssl
+ifdef USE_STDSOCKETS
+WITH_MOD_SSL=1
+endif