Hi,
> I'm concerned with this commit; please revert.  Consider that to
> protect those developers/users who are in jurisdictions with
> strict laws regarding cryptography, mod_ssl is *never* built by
> default, but requires some explicit user action (--with-ssl on
> configure/unix, creation of a srclib/openssl tree/link or other
> intentional build schema change on win32, etc) which deliberately
> causes cryptography to be added to httpd.

> USE_STDSOCKETS sounds to me like an otherwise very useful flag, and
> doesn't give the user a hint that mod_ssl will be built.

there's in fact no problem because finally you have to define a path to
OpenSSL, otherwise mod_ssl will not be build;
and that conforms to what you said above with 'creation of a srclib/openssl
tree':

# If WITH_MOD_SSL and OSSLSDK have been defined then build the mod_ssl module
ifdef WITH_MOD_SSL
ifneq "$(OSSLSDK)" ""
SUBDIRS += ssl \
        $(EOLIST)
endif
endif

So in fact I introduced a manually switch where we did before unconditional
build.

Guen.