Guenter Knauf wrote:

I got a few notes on this though:
1) in the 2.0 tree is there a loggers subfolder in the source tree?
I'm not sure been a long time since I looked at it.
2) APACHE2_HOME points to the install dir of apache and not to the
source IIRC? so there wouldn't be a modules subfolder there anyway.
sorry, yes, this only works for in-tree compile; somehow we have not thought yet about this;
its not only for mod_log_config.h , but also mod_dav.h, mod_proxy.h an probably
some more module headers are missing in the installed include dir...
perhaps we should think of a subfolder 'module_headers' or such, and move these
headers to there, or at least create such a folder with install and copy the
module headers there....

OK - here's my thought for 0.9.2 (not really a showstopper for this
alpha release);

  * it's supposed to be as simple as copying over an existing httpd
    source tree.  For win32, that means (minimum) you touch Apache.dsw
    and Makefile.win.  Maybe ship those as a patch?  It's 2 small adds
    each, so even without patch.exe it isn't going to be hard to do it.
    patch -p0 < build/win32-ftp-in-tree.patch -- and you are good to go.

  * out of tree on unix requires ./configure-apxs, so add a corresponding
    configure-win.bat to configure the mod_ftp.dsp (and example mod) to
    compile against a certain APACHE tree.

Sound good?

Bill