Guenter Knauf wrote:
on my box, a SuSE 10.1, the httpd-prefork.conf wasnt found, and thus the 'make
install' broke....
I did then insert a test for the file (not sure if this is the correct way, but
at least I could then get past this issue, and finish the build):

You could simply override make httpd_conffile=/filepath which is the
preferred way. Long ago this should have become an independent apxs variable.

I wouldn't mind a test for "httpd_conffile" = "", I think your patch
leaves a bit more of a chance for a subtle make install failure.