On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 04:17:16PM -0500, Akins, Brian wrote:
> For dynamic stuff, "X-sendfile" works well. (Just really starting to play
> with that, liking it so far).

It's not a solve-all though, I mean even though CGI's or whatever
/could/ write their output to a file and then call X-sendfile, it'd be a
disaster latency-wise. Ironically enough the only way to solve that is
... async ;-)

> The proxy that the LiveJournal folks wrote, I think, copies all the data
> from the origin server into a file and then uses sendfile to send to the
> client...

Erm, so does the one we wrote, mod_disk_cache ;p

--
Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: [EMAIL PROTECTED]