On Jan 18, 2008, at 2:16 PM, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

On Jan 18, 2008 10:52 AM, Akins, Brian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Which is why I hate to see a ton of work go into async core if it actually does very little to help performance (or if it hurts it) and makes writing modules harder. It braindead simple nowadays to write well behaved high performance modules (well, mostly) bcs you rarely worry about threads,
reads/writes, etc.  Full async programming is just as challenging as
handling a ton of threads yourself.

Speaking for myself, I think writing and using buckets with serf is
more straightforward than our complicated bucket brigade system with
mixed push/pull paradigms.

+1... Although the whole concept of buckets and their brigades
has some cool advantages, they are also a semi-constant source
of issues...